Did you know the best thing you can do for your scar is protect it from the sun? Sun exposure can darken the appearance of your scar, which can make your scar more noticeable. Mederma +SPF 30 Scar Cream can help you prevent sunburn while making your scar less noticeable, which lets you leave the doubts behind so the real you can shine through. Mederma +SPF 30 Scar Cream is clinically shown to reduce discoloration and improve overall appearance, softness, and texture of scars.1 Mederma +SPF 30 Scar Cream is effective on older and newer scars. It works for many types of scars, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. And it’s from the #1 doctor and pharmacist recommended brand for scar reduction treatment.
How to use?
Mederma +SPF 30 Scar Cream should be evenly applied and gently massaged into the scar 3 times daily until fully absorbed for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma +SPF 30 Scar Cream as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma® immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.
Results take time
Don’t get discouraged if you do not notice results right away. Generally, Mederma +SPF 30 Scar Cream users start to see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.
Mederma +SPF 30 Scar Cream is available in a 20-gram tube. Look for it in the first aid aisle.
For use as a sunscreen:
- Apply 15 minutes before sun exposure
- Reapply at least every 2 hours
- Children under 6 months: Ask a doctor
- Use a water-resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating
- Skin Cancer/Skin Aging Alert: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. This product has been shown only to help prevent sunburn, not skin cancer or early skin aging.
- For external use only.
- Do not use on damaged or broken skin.
- When using this product, keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs.
- Keep out of reach of children. If product is swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Mederma® Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 could discolour delicate fabrics such as silk, leather, suede, and others.